If you are looking for a tasty recipe that can easily be done on our Steam Shell Griddle, look no further! This tasty chicken fajita recipe has a perfect balance of protein and veggies and uses very few ingredients to produce a large amount of flavorful food.
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita Recipe:
- 12 Flour tortillas
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into thin, 2-inch strips
- 1 Packet (or 2 Tbsp) of your favorite taco seasoning (we use McCormick Original Taco Seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese (or more if desired)
- If using uncooked flour tortillas, cook tortillas on the griddle and set them aside.
- Pat the strips of chicken breast dry. In a small bowl, sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken and combine until chicken is coated in seasoning.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil on griddle until very hot. Cook chicken on griddle until no longer pink, around 5 minutes. Flip chicken halfway to cook evenly on both sides. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil on griddle until very hot. Add the sliced green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion to the griddle. Stir to coat all vegetables in oil.
- Sprinkle chipotle chili pepper powder over vegetables. Stir-fry until vegetables are cooked but still firm, around 4-5 minutes or to desired firmness.
- Add chicken back to the griddle with the peppers and onion to reheat. Cook together until chicken is warmed, about 1 minute.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from heat, placing in a separate bowl. Sprinkle cotija and mozzarella cheeses over all. This completes the fajita filling!
- Spread fajita filling on warm tortillas.
Yields 12 Fajitas
Contact us for more information about how our griddle can revolutionize your cooking!