If you’re looking for a delicious, healthier lunch option or an easy dinner, try this quick veggie burger recipe! Combining a toasty bun, an expertly browned black bean patty, and a fried egg (over-easy, -medium, or -hard depending on how you like it) with fresh toppings and a kick of hot sauce makes this meal decadent, guilt-free, and protein-rich all in one. This hot sandwich is a great go-to after a long day, to recover from a workout, or at a summer barbecue. It also pairs perfectly with homemade sweet potato fries! If you’re feeling ambitious you could even make your own black bean patties from scratch, but Morningstar makes some great frozen ones for optimal convenience.
- Morningstar Spicy Black Bean Patties
- Burger buns
- Pepper jack cheese
- Lightly grease your griddle, bring the temperature up to medium heat, and place veggie burger patties and cracked eggs on the griddle.
- While the patties and eggs cook, spread mayonnaise on the flat sides of the burger buns and place the flat sides down on the griddle to toast.
- Flip the burger patties after cooking for 3-4 minutes, layer a slice of cheese on top of each patty, and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- When the buns are toasted, remove from heat and layer with avocado slices and fresh lettuce.
- Once the burger patties are browned and the cheese on top of them is getting melty, place on top of lettuce.
- Top the cheesy burger patty with a fried egg and a drizzle of sriracha.
- Your sandwich is complete; put the lid on and enjoy!
The American Griddle is the best tool for this recipe because it’s steam shell technology allows the burgers and eggs to cook consistently, quickly, and simultaneously. Learn more about the product and explore more mouth-watering, griddle-top recipes.