There’s a reason we eat so many sandwiches: they are easy, delicious, and come in quite a variety of flavors and styles. However, have you thought to use your griddle to step your sandwich game up a notch? If not, try some of these delicious sandwich ideas for when you want something simple but not boring.
Grilled Cheese Plus
Grilled cheese is an obvious sandwich to cook on the stove that most everyone knows how to make. You will need:
- Cheese (try Swiss or Havarti for a unique touch)
- Bread (try sourdough or ciabatta for a richer flavor)
However, don’t stop there! There are so many possibilities when making grilled cheese. Add some ham, turkey, or bacon for a more filling sandwich. Also try some chives, onions, or garlic to give it some kick.
- Spread mayonnaise on two pieces of bread.
- Grease the griddle and set to medium heat.
- Put the first piece of bread mayonnaise side down on the griddle.
- Arrange ingredients on top of the bread, then place the other piece of bread mayonnaise side up. (Pro tip: Place the cheese as the last ingredient before your second slice of bread, especially if it is a cheese that melts easily. Likely your cheese will heat up faster than the other ingredients, so leave those closer to the heat source for a better sandwich.)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook again for another 2 minutes.
You don’t need to spend money at a fast food place to get an amazing breakfast sandwich. You just need the following ingredients:
- English muffin (or biscuit)
- Slice of cheese (American and provolone are good choices, but any cheese will work)
- Grease the griddle and set it to medium-low. Slice the English muffin or biscuit in half and place both halves on the griddle. Toast one side for about a minute, flip, and repeat.
- Place the bacon on the griddle to cook. After about 2 minutes, place the egg on the griddle as well. Flip the bacon when it begins to curl. Finish frying the bacon and the eggs.
- Spread butter on both halves of the English muffin or biscuit. Place the egg and bacon on it and the slice of cheese on top. The cheese should melt quickly. Close the sandwich and enjoy!
Stuffed French Toast
Who says all sandwiches must be savory? This recipe takes a little longer to make, but we can assure you it is well worth it. You will need:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat the griddle to medium heat.
- Mix together the eggs and milk. Dip a slice of bread in the mixture, fully saturating both sides, and place on the skillet. When the edges start to turn brown, flip it over.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- When the toast is done, spread the filling in between two slices. Dust with some powdered sugar if desired.
These are just a few of many possible easy, delicious recipes you can make on a griddle! Contact us for information about our Steam Shell Griddles or more amazing griddle recipes.