If you’re looking for a healthy, simple, and quick griddle recipe to spice up your menu, then this is the one for you! This Buddha bowl, made with grilled vegetables, fresh herbs, and delicious jasmine rice is tasty and time-efficient with the American Griddle! This recipe is also vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions!
Buddha Bowl Ingredients
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup cooked, drained black beans
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 lime wedge
- parsley (garnish)
- Slice the sweet potato, zucchini, onion, and tomatoes into thin ¼ inch slices. Dice the tomatoes into approx. 1-inch diameter cubes and chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Oil the griddle with vegetable oil or olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic first and sauté for two minutes, or until the onions have softened.
- Add in the other vegetables and grill for fifteen minutes, pushing the vegetables around the grill, occasionally for even cooking.
- Add in ½ cup of jasmine rice to a medium-sized bowl and place ¼ cup of the cooked and drained black beans over top. Add ¼ of the grilled vegetables to the bowl.
- Grate 1 tsp. of ginger root over top, add the pinch of sea salt, and garnish with a lime wedge and parsley. Voilà, your delicious and simple grilled Buddha bowl is ready to serve!
For the best results in consistency and flavor, as well as the most efficient and even cooking, prepare this recipe on an American Griddle. For more information on the American Griddle’s superior Steam Shell Technology, as well as tips, tricks, and recipes, please contact us.