Griddle Recipes: Hawaiian Meat Marinade and Sauce for Pork or Chicken
This sweet Hawaiian marinade works best with chicken or pork but will also go well with any other kind of meat. It has the added benefit of being easy to prepare. All you need to do is follow the instructions below and fire up your griddle.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Optional hot pepper seeds
How to Prepare
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or until sugar dissolves.
- Before you add the brown sugar, take a cup of the sauce mixture, then put it in a separate bowl. Add one tablespoon of brown sugar; you will use this to marinate the meat.
- Add three-quarters of a cup of brown sugar to your original marinade bowl, then mix the two bowls until sugar dissolves.
- Put your choice of meat in a container or storage bag and cover with the marinade. Let it sit for 1 hour if you are using seafood, 2 hours for poultry, 2-4 hours for pork, and 2-8 hours for lamb, beef, or any other meat.
- Refrigerate the sauce overnight.
- Put sauce in a saucepan and boil on low heat, making sure you stir every few minutes. The sauce will thicken slightly. Do this directly on your griddle after placing the sauce in a saucepan.
- Set your griddle to medium-high heat and drizzle a coating of vegetable oil. Add pork skewers or chicken thighs and start cooking. The time you will take to cook depends on the thickness of your meat.
This sweet Hawaiian marinade recipe will cover up to 1 pound of meat. The griddle allows you to prepare this delicious meal within a short time. For more information or awesome recipes, feel free to contact us.